Associates form the backbone of our organisation. We started out as a loose network of like-minded people across sectors and countries, and our associates continue to play a big part in what we do.
Associates enrich Equality in Tourism with their wide range of experiences and perspectives. Knowledge exchange and networking are central to our organisation, and the international perspectives associates contribute are invaluable. Associates also support one another on projects – contributing their time and expertise to global initiatives and providing opportunities for others to do the same. Lastly, associates are representatives of all that Equality in Tourism stands for – they promote our values and mission and in return have access to mutual support through our network.
Criteria for becoming an associate.
- International perspectives and experience around the issues of gender equality in the tourism industry
- Commitment to the promotion of socially progressive, inclusive and sustainable policies in tourism and wider development initiatives
- Practical and/or theoretical experience of working with women on tourism/ development/ human rights/ anti-poverty projects
- Academics, activists, industry workers and equality and diversity experts are all welcome.
- Willingness to share and participate in project opportunities and knowledge exchange.
What associates gain from Equality in Tourism.
Associates are part of a global community of like-minded individuals who are striving to effect change. Our associates produce research and work that has real impact on women and their communities in countries around the world. Being an associate also comes with the following benefits:
- Access to a global like-minded network
- Access to a forum to publish their work (via the website)
- Access to international research and information
- Ability to contribute to the debate around gender equality and fair tourism
What we expect from our associates.
- Initiate conversation: engage with our network through social media or via email, and help shape the debate around women in tourism.
- Share your knowledge: a network needs engaged members who are willing to share their experiences, stories, or research with the community. We kindly request each associate to contribute to our website with at least one blog post a year. Or, to share a story with us that we can feature in our newsletter. This can link to an organisation’s work or own research (published or un-published, or ongoing).*
- Associates may be asked to represent the charity on Equality in Tourism funded projects in a consultancy capacity if they are able to do so.
- Associates who wish to represent Equality in Tourism or use the charity’s logo should do so only with prior approval.
Interested? Then email us with a short note and your CV – we look forward to hearing from you!
*Equality in Tourism retains editorial rights of any written contributions.