Equality in Tourism has been selected to take part in The Big Give’s Christmas Challenge this December. All donations made to The Big Give between Dec 1st and Dec 8th will be doubled. This is our biggest fundraising opportunity of 2020 and we are so excited to share it with you!
- We have £2,500 match funding available
- We aim to raise £2,500 in online donations
All of the funds raised through the Christmas Challenge will go towards our Tanzania Project and the Wamboma Women Farmers’ Cooperative.
We created our ground-breaking project in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania back in 2017. It brought the poorest women out of poverty by linking them up with local hotels so that they could sell their farming produce. It has had a profound impact on the lives of the women and their families. But tourism ground to a halt in the wake of Covid-19. These resilient, hard-working women now need help to develop a new market.
£5,000 will help to develop a Farm to Table veg box and solar drying enterprise. Donations will fund:
- Reusable farm boxes x100
- Training sessions x12 on drying and packaging produce
- Solar panelled drying tables x8
- A weighing and packaging station with materials
- Sanitising stations to keep working environments clean and safe
- A new website and computer so women can market their business and produce
Don’t miss out on the chance to double your Christmas giving and double your impact on women’s livelihoods this festive season. Stay tuned!