Equality in Tourism offers a unique service through the wide-ranging experience both of its directors and its international network of associates. From training programmes and capacity building initiatives to strategic management and policy development, we draw on the extensive expertise of our contacts, bringing together diverse skill sets to deliver remarkable service.
Who do we work with?
We work with clients and partners in the public and private sectors as well as civil society, such as community-based organisations and women’s groups. We are particularly interested in working with companies and organisations that are part of the tourism industry or are impacted upon by it and its supply chain. This includes those developing livelihood opportunities or looking to ensure good working conditions.
What do we offer?
We are a global community of experienced and passionate individuals, offering a range of expert services:
- Social and strategic needs analyses, which enable us to understand the relations within and between communities and develop methods for positive change.
- Gender awareness programmes to develop standards, together with monitoring and evaluation.
- Organisational development and programme delivery, including strategic planning, change management, economic empowerment training and capacity building.
- Feasibility studies that require research and analysis of options.
- Communications development to ensure essential marketing and communications skills for small businesses and community resources.
- Gender and human rights impact assessments to identify and describe a benchmark for equality.
Get in touch if you have feel the above does not match your needs – we may well still be able to help!
How do we do it?
We use gender analysis to understand the norms that structure relations and processes within institutions and society. By gathering information from all relevant individuals, groups and organisations, we are able to understand the barriers women face in decision-making processes and their consequent access to resources and opportunities. We can then advise clients on a choice of methods to ensure that change is deliverable, owned and sustainable.
Using the latest gender analysis tools, research and methodologies, we ensure that our results are successful and sustainable as they place women’s concerns and needs at the centre of tourism development.